If you were one of those people who considers massage a luxury, or you need someone else to get a relaxing massage, we can tell you that you are wrong, since a massage has many physical, mental and emotional benefits, and you can do it yourself. Same as a self-massage, if you learn how to do it.
One of the most effective self-massage techniques is the so-called do-in self-massage, a therapeutic massage based on acupressure, which can relieve fatigue, reduce stress and increase your physical energy, just by pressing on certain points. specific to the body.
We will show you below some practices with simple techniques, so that you can perform a self-massage at home that can have great benefit in releasing tension and promoting relaxation.
Benefits of self-massage
· A self-massage can improve blood circulation, helping the body to better oxygenate itself and ensure that our cells receive adequate nutrition.
· Relieves muscle tension and contractures, acting as a pain reliever in the case of conditions such as sciatic pain, arthritis and other similar conditions.
· Helps increase serotonin, thereby achieving a state of general well-being.
· It acts as a stimulant for physical energy, making us feel lighter and full of good humor.
· It acts as a natural lymphatic drainage, promoting detoxification of the body.
· It helps calm cramps and treats muscle stiffness, among many other benefits.
· It can relieve chronic headaches like migraines.
· It helps us concentrate better and perform better in our work, stimulating memory.
How should we perform this self-massage?
You should know that other advantages of a self-massage is that you decide, where, when and how you are going to do it, therefore you can do it whether or not you are a busy person, so you have no excuses to try the benefits of this self-massage to remove stress and improve your general well-being.
Before starting fully with the acupressure performed in this self-massage, it is important to respect the following steps.
· First, we must enter a state of deep relaxation, we will do it by taking long and deep breaths, exhaling the air slowly and visualizing our body as each limb relaxes.
· The second thing is to get warm; this stage is so as not to cause us any harm. We only have to make smooth and circular movements of all joints.
· Try to be in a comfortable place, without distractions, and in silence, you can set the mood with music for relaxation, if you wish.
1. Self-massage to change your mood
The pictures can guide you so you know which area to apply pressure to. Use your fingers, as seen in image 1a, to make an acupressure on the body.
Move with gentle movements to relax the muscles in the abdominal area. Then massage in circles to further relax the belly, then you can continue with the step shown in image 1b, applying pressure with both fingers in the area.
2. Eliminate stress
To achieve a quick relaxation and relieve daily stress, and eliminate accumulated tensions, as shown in the image number 2, apply a digit pressure on your foot. Press for a few seconds and release, this can be repeated about 5 times with each foot.
3. Control your negative emotions like fear
Self-massage number 3 can be very useful to alleviate negative emotions such as fear, you must perform an acupressure as shown in image 3, 4, 5 and 6.
These points can also help you relieve states of nervousness and irritability. The massages should be done with pressures that last a few seconds, between 3 to 5 seconds and then released, several repetitions are made with each limb.
You can alter the order of these massages depending on which conditions you need to treat more urgently, as well as perform more repetitions in those points that you need to treat more.
Fiber is a special type of carbohydrate that's not broken down by the body, so eating it doesn’t have any effect on blood glucose levels. It also promotes digestive health and keeps you feeling fuller longer after a meal. Also, says Champion, because it slows the surge in blood sugar after a meal, it’s especially beneficial for people with diabetes.